Thursday, October 6, 2011

the ridiculous life.

I have 2 midterms tomorrow. For some reason, I am sitting here updating this blog. It's probably not the best decision; however, this leads me into the point of this post-- finding a lot of fun things to do in limited spare time. Most of the memories that I have do not include being trapped in a study room for 6 hours of my day. I consider that a success. However, they do include random adventures with friends. This is a recap of the fun things that have happened in the past little bit:


Butter Beer. 
There is no doubt in my mind that this will make my day better. Nerd moment: it's from Harry Potter. They sell it at a local coffee shop named Muldoons. It's a great study break. 




Sonic Happy Hour.
I skipped class the other day just to get a diet coke from Sonic happy hour. This was completely justified in my head as a smart idea. It probably wasn't that intelligent, but no regrets. Amy and I stop almost everyday before we come home from class. 


McDonald's Happy Meals. 
Last week, A&M had a brutal lost to Arkansas (No further explanation. I'm still upset). The only thing that could cheer me up was a happy meal. You may think I am joking, but I am not. No shame. I went to McDonald's with Shannon and pulled up to the drive-thru. I politely asked for a "happy meal...for a girl" (you have to make sure you declare what kind of toy you want) and waited for a response. The worker mimicked my voice. I sat there in silence for about 10 seconds in astonishment, looked at Shannon, then laughed. What did he do? He mimicked my laugh, naturally. For about the next 2 minutes, I was mimicked. It was great. We bonded through a speaker box. Needless to say, it made me happy. 


The last 3 points revolve around food/drink. That's embarrassing. 
The last 2 points revolve around the word, "happy." That makes me feel better.


Astros Game.
I road tripped to Houston to see an Astro's game for a date party. It was completely stellar.




Butterfly Garden.
This is a hidden treasure at A&M, or no one thinks it is cool enough to actually spread the word. It is awesome though. My friend, Elizabeth, and I journeyed before class to find this garden. We heard it was in the Chemical Engineering building. We felt out of place. First of all, we were the only girls in about a 2 mile radius. We also were the only ones talking. Our excuse was that we are communication majors. We opened the door to the stairwell and walked up 7 flights of stairs, just to realize that the door to the outside was locked. We then realized that every door from the stairwell to the inside of the building was locked. Yes, I know...that's awkward. We were stuck in a stairwell. What did we do? We laughed. We eventually banged on the first floor door until some innocent soul unlocked it for us with eyes of judgement. Lovely. 


By the end of this, we realized we were in the wrong building. Communication majors are so smart. We are adventuring to the right building tomorrow. 


Grand-Little Revelation.
I received my grand-little in Pi Phi. When you first become a Pi Phi, you receive a "big sister" from the grade above you. This year, my "little" got her "little," which made me a "grand-big." At revelation night, each family dresses up as something. This year, my family were pumpkins. The new member goes on a scavenger hunt and collects their outfit, then they walk into the room where the other members are. They find their outfit and are adopted into the family. It's precious.

Amy's Birthday.
My darling roommate, Amy, turned 20. Amy is such a sweetheart and absolutely hilarious. Trace, her boyfriend, has the same birthday. It's odd, but ignore that fact. At midnight, Shannon came out with a bubble-maker and we started singing "Happy Birthday." This was an obnoxious bubble-maker. We slipped in puddles of bubble spit afterwards. Epic. We decorated the house with balloons, diet cokes, cards, and banners. That night, we went to BJ's with a couple of friends to celebrate. It was a successful birthday. 



Football Games.
Aggie football games are still delightful, even though we have played horrible the past two weeks. A group of us pulled with the Corps of Cadets 2 weeks ago and got to sit 5 rows from the field. Mediocre, I know. 



Today, I quoted "Lord of the Rings" 5 times today. This was all before noon. This is a serious problem. Social norms-- over them. I will update again soon and try to be more interesting. Sorry, my life is lame. 


Miss you, greatly.
Love you, more. 

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." 



No comments:

Post a Comment